The administration of the Ussuriysk urban district set the task to create a digital orthophotomap and a three-dimensional model «City of Ussuriysk» based on the results of aerial photography with a scale of 1:500.
The Geoscan Group surveyed the territories of Ussuriysk (total area—135km2) with Geoscan UAVs.
The flight were made in 2 stages:
- In full bloom period to create a measurable photorealistic textured DTM.
- In the leafless period before the snow falls to create orthophotomap.
During the first stage of aerial photography 37 flights were made while during the second—25 flights.
212 347 photos were taken: 114 835 during the first stage, 97 512—the second one.
As a result, the following data were received:
- Orthophotomap of the city in GeoTIFF format with resolution 5 cm/pix and MSE 10 cm;
- DEM in GeoTIFF format;
- Realistic measured 3D model of the city in OBJ, PLY and TLS formats.
The results of the work were presented in coordinate systems: MSK-25 zone 1 and MSK-25 zone 1 from the Ussuriysk SC in the 1977 Baltic height system.
The Urban Development Department of the Administration of the Ussuriysk Urban District actively uses aerial photography materials to solve the following tasks:
- Controlling topographic surveys within the framework of acceptance of works on planning and land surveying;
- Cadastral works;
- Municipal Land Control;
- Developing layouts for non-stationary shopping facilities, garbage containers, advertising objects, etc.;
- Using in the provision of municipal services in the field of land relations;
- Preparing demonstration materials for meetings;
- Organizing investment sites (searching free territories, organizing land plots).
All tasks are solved mainly based on orthophotomaps.
The realistic 3D model is used as an auxiliary tool for orthophotomaps to solve the following tasks:
- developing layouts for non-stationary shopping facilities, garbage containers, advertising objects, etc.
- preparing demonstration materials for meetings
- organizing investment sites (searching free territories, organizing land plots)
Orthophotomaps are placed in the State Information System of the Primorsky Territory «Regional information system for the provision of urban planning activities in the Primorsky Territory» for a wide range of users of the administration and network organizations.